You have a vital role in growing the economy of the Mid-Willamette Valley
Strategic Economic Development Corporation is the lead economic development entity for Oregon’s Mid-Willamette Valley. The 450-plus member nonprofit association leverages strong public and private partnerships to aggresively retain and attract high value jobs and capital investment to the region.
Build strong economic vitality
SEDCOR connects members with resources and support for expansion. We find supply chain and partnership opportunities, links with financial, education, and workforce resources, and market expansion channels. Members build strong economic vitality through the organization that markets the competitive advantages of the region to national and international audiences.
Connect with decision makers
SEDCOR members have unique opportunities to network wtih decision-makers and business leaders, and to impact economic policy through face-time with officials. The annual SEDCOR Membership Directory is the complete guide and contact resource for reaching out to our members. The directory is targeted business-to-business communication, distributed exclusively to SEDCOR members and associates as a benefit of membership.
Gain Competitive advantage
Members of SEDCOR benefit from powerful business resources and information. Facilitated discussions with specialists, trend data and statistics, and common interest groups among the region’s major employers give members competitive edge.
Create a stronger workforce
Members help grow and retain jobs in the region through industry-driven skills development programs and dynamic partnerships among the region’s top education providers.
Take advantage of membership benefits
- Access to business referrals and assistance from SEDCOR's professional staff
- Opportunities to meet and network with the region's business and community leaders at events
- The latest news and reports on the region's business and economic issues
- Complimentary membership directory and member pricing for events
- Promotion of your business through targeted media and event sponsorships
- Ability to shape the region by serving on committees
- Complimentary targeted online job postings
- Complimentary subscription to Enterprise magazine
Engaging with SEDCOR is an investment in the future of your business and the entire Mid-Willamette Valley community. We join together to lock in the competitive advantage of the region for those of us who live here now, and those to come.
85% of SEDCOR’s efforts focus on helping local firms retain and grow jobs.
“SEDCOR was instrumental in helping our company develop options for expansion, bringing together several key individuals at the city and state level as well as experts in our field to assit us in the process.”
-Kelly Yunker, President/Owner, Power Equipment Systems
“With the help of SEDCOR, we’ve grown, adding new jobs and a 120,000 square foot addition. They have been great. I would recomment SEDCOR to anyone.”
-Mike Mader, Manufacturing Director, GK Machine
Business retention and expansion
SEDCOR maintains contact with over 600 business in Marion and Polk Counties, offering them access to an array of development services, including:
- Business resources and information
- Employee recruitment, screening and retention
- Management and process expertise
- Workforce development
- Community economic development planning
SEDCOR collaborates with state and local agencies to ensure reasonable and competitive incentives are available to existing or new companies. Potential incentives include:
- Enterprise zones
- Employee training
- Tax and energy credits
SEDCOR (a member of Team Oregon) is active in the industrial recruitment of domestic and international companies through:
- Regional, national and international advertising
- Relocation information to clients and hosting site tours
- Representing the region at key industry trade shows
- Marketing industrial land and buildings
SEDCOR holds over 20 events through the year to give businesses the opportunity to network, and to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information. These include the Annual Honors Lunch, Golf Tournament, monthly Economic Business Forums, the popular Industrial Site Tours, Ag Apprciation Breakfast and more.
Training and Certification
- Industry skills development through Industrial Maintenance Operator/Mechanic (IMOM) Program
- SEDCOR Construction Alliance
- Workforce training activities in area schools.
International trade and export Promotion
SEDCOR assists area business to locate new export markets for their products and professional services by:
- Locating international trade leads
- Helping to arrange export financing
- Providing educational opportunities
SEDCOR is involved with companies and governments throughout Marion and Polk Counties to foster a competitive advantage for traded sector development. Activities are coordinated with our many partners to:
- Advocate for a supply of industrial land
- Market industrial land and buildings
- Support sewer and water infrastructure
- Address transportation issues
- Engage stakeholders in land use planning
Publications and Website
SEDCOR publications keep members up-to-date on the region’s economic development progress and activities in the business community.
- Quarterly Enterprise magazine
- Monthly Xpress newsletter
- SEDCOR Membership Directory
- SEDCOR Annual Report
- Website at www.sedcor.com
SEDCOR maintains a wide range of informational resources through our website:
- Detailed economic, statistical and demographic data
- Industrial land and building inventories
- Latest news of interest to the business community